Do you want to make a meaningful impact to improve the health of Melbourne's west? Are you looking to connect with like-minded women and non-binary folk who believe in the power of philanthropy to transform and heal? Are you looking to connect with others in your community and just have some fun?
Then join the Women for Western Health Giving Circle!
*While the program is designed to bring together women in a collective giving model, this is an inclusive program and members of all genders are welcome.
How does the Giving Circle work?
When you become a member of the Women for Western Health Giving Circle, your individual donation will be pooled with other members’ gifts, creating a greater impact together than would be possible alone.
The idea is simple. Each year, members give a minimum of $1,000, the gifts are pooled, and the Circle collectively decides on a project of significance to fund at Western Health. Members network – virtually or in person – throughout the year, building connections with other women and learning more about the work of Western Health.
Gifts can be given in one annual payment or spread out over 12 monthly payments of $90.
Donations that support innovation
There has never been a better time to invest in our community's future.
With new hospitals planned across the west, there are opportunities to develop innovative and unique healthcare solutions. Through Women for Western Health, you will be part of shaping the projects that receive funding in the future.
All donors to the program are invited to vote on how our funding is directed each year – ensuring that the impact of our collective gift is going toward something that we all see as important and worthy of support.
The Women for Western Health Giving Circle has an ambitious goal: to build a community of women philanthropists who will pool their knowledge, resources and ideas to support and fund projects that will have a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of the Western Health community.
We are a diverse group of socially-minded women with a passion for social justice and a deep desire to help the community of the west. We bring women together for a few fun and meaningful gatherings each year where we can enjoy each other’s company (and a glass of wine), hear interesting presentations, and jointly decide which vital Western Health initiatives we want to help.
Each person is asked to commit to a minimum donation of $1,000 annually.
(This can be paid as a one-off donation or $90 per month. A small additional cost applies to instalment payments to cover admin costs)
Corporate memberships are also available.
All gifts are paid into the Women for Western Health Giving Circle Fund managed by the Western Health Foundation.
The contributions are pooled to support high impact grants to Western Health initiatives.
While support for women and girls’ health and wellbeing will be of high priority, other Western Health initiatives will also be considered for support.
Winning initiatives are collectively voted on by members at an annual Grant Announcement Evening. Donations are fully tax-deductible.
In addition to hosting the annual grant making event, the Giving Circle will host a number of other events for networking and learning.
Attendance at the grant voting event is included in your membership.
Other events are charged at cost.
While the Giving Circle is primarily a collective giving program for women, everyone is welcome.
Presently the Circle is managed by the Western Health Foundation in association with the Western Health Foundation Board.
It is anticipated that a volunteer committee will be developed over time as the Circle grows.
Terms and Conditions
Western Health Foundation reserves the right to update and change the Terms and Conditions for the Women of Western Health Giving Circle, at any time without notice.
- Annual payments will be deducted from your nominated account on the day you submit your membership form
- Your annual fee will continue to be deducted from your nominated account until your formal cancellation notice has been received.
- Your first instalment will be deducted from your nominated account the day you submit your membership form
- Your monthly instalments will then be deducted from your nominated account on the same day each month (i.e if you submit your membership form on 12th of January, your next payment will be deducted on 12th of February)
- In the case of membership forms submitted on 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your next instalment will be deducted on 28th of each month.
- A person is eligible to vote if they hold a membership for the current financial year
- If paying by instalments, a minimum of 6 payments or $540 must be paid prior to the annual Grant Announcement Evening.
- A member may at any time request that their membership be cancelled by emailing [email protected]
- No membership donations will be refunded for any reason, even if voting has not occurred for the current membership year
- In the case that the member has opted to pay their membership by instalments, payments will cease from the date the cancellation is requested only in the case where the member has not voted in the current membership year.
- If the Grant Announcement Evening has been held for the current financial year instalments will continue until all 12 payments or $1,080 has been donated for the current membership year.
The Western Health Foundation reserves the right to revoke membership status at any point in time. If this occurs all future payments will cease from the date of notification of the membership being revoked. No membership fees will be refunded.